Friday, August 12, 2011

Forms and Figures

Lately I've been making a conscious effort to improve my art (well, I should say more than usual as I'm always trying to improve). Specifically, I've been working on improving my use of values and form and also brushing up on my human anatomy knowledge (which is a neverending task). Basically, filling in all the huge gaps that get overlooked when one is self taught.

Anyway, here are some forms and figures (of the female variety). Why not have fun while you learn, I say.


CLICK FOR UNCROPPED IMAGE (Warning: nudity)
CLICK FOR UNCROPPED IMAGE (Warning: sexy underwear)

Also here was a fun exercise exploring different lighting setups on my older Velma piece.

4 Comments:

Blogger Julio said...

I"m on the same boat, Chris. I really like these figures you've done though. They remind me of Frank Frazetta. I need to be harder on myself when it comes to my art. I haven't drawn or done anything creative in over 2 months but your work is inspiring me to take my sketchbook to work today and to use my lunch hour to go nuts on it.
Thank you for inspiring me this morning. I'll scan whatever I come up with tonight and post it up. Keep up the good work!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks Julio. I'll be sure to check out your new sketches.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Anders said...

great energy on your line work, it's impressive! (I mean I'm actually jealous!^^) and you surely have the best method to learn ^^

1:51 AM  
Blogger Gee Hale said...

Great post, Chris! Always good to see you posting!

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2019 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners